Suggested steps to help you promote events with wide audience appeal...
Add to the University Calendar of Events
- If your site hasn't been redesigned in the new University templates, submit your event here: http://louisiana.edu/about-us/news-events/send-us-your-event
- If you have a redesigned site in the new University templates, add the event to your site. Here's a tutorial to remind you how to do that: web.louisiana.edu/training-support/tutorials/help-news-events/adding-events
For events that are "open to the public," add to community calendars:
- KRVS http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/krvs/events.eventsmain?action=submitEvent
- Town Planner http://www.townplanner.com/submit
- KATC https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=1779
- KLFY http://events.klfy.com/createevent
- KPEL http://kpel965.com/events-lafayette/community/add
- The Advertiser/Times of Acadiana http://search.theadvertiser.com/localevents/add_event/
- Add French and Francophone events to BeFrench.org http://www.befrench.org/add-event.html
- Reserve banner space and table space on campus. See the Student Union.
- Submit an 800px x 600px banner for AOC to display on t.v. http://www.aocinc.org/
- Post on your website and/or ask others to post on related websites.
- Create a Facebook event page and "invite" friends, and share with others, such as LEAD UL https://www.facebook.com/groups/leadul
Cross promote your program
- Coordinate with a major theme, observance or awareness days/week/month http://www.brownielocks.com/month2.html.
- Add an associated lecture/panel to a film screening.
Three weeks prior
Plan and implement mass media promotions and advertising.
- Submit your event announcement for possible press release and/or social media placement http://louisiana.edu/send-your-news
- Submit an image for display on campus digital signs
- Promote to targeted student groups, e.g., residence hall students, Honors Program, Greeks, specific academic departments, etc.
- Boost attendance through social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter). See Event Marketing 2.0 http://www.cvent.com/en/pdf/social-media-event-marketing-ebook.pdf
- The Vermilion publishes most Wednesdays of the academic year: Advertise and send announcements http://www.thevermilion.com
Two weeks prior
Implement campus visibility and networking.
- Post and distribute flyers on campus bulletin boards only.
- Post flyers at places students frequent, e.g., local coffee shops, restaurants.
- Email your event flyer to email@example.com to be included in the Monday announcements on the University's 'RaginSpirit' Snapchat account.
- Invite student & community groups to attend and to help publicize through their websites, meetings, etc.
- Ask faculty to mention it in class. Occasionally they will offer extra credit for relevant topics.
- Deliver banners to be hung on your reserved space.
- Promote an event with a table on campus.
- Campus postings & sidewalk chalk.
Ideas to improve this page? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org